Thursday, August 28, 2008

2nd post of the day, but I'll make it quick

I live in California. And not just any area or city of California, but San Francisco. Possbily the nation's Liberal capital. I knew this when I moved here and didn't mind that at all (otherwise I would have chosen a different city or region of the country altogether). In fact, I embraced it. I wanted to move somewhere different for several reasons, but one of them was to determine if my political and religious beliefs were actually mine, or if they were just what I had been nourished on my entire life. What better city to test that than San Francisco, right? But I'm asking nicely: please do not assume that I am a Democrat just because I live here. Just because my home state of Alabama is largely Republican, I never assumed that any one person that I met was a Republican. In addition, I can't recall ever using a public forum to berate people with differing political views and tell them what idiotic, mindless lemmings they are. I don't think tolerance is a lot to ask for.

My second point, and this is the last one I'll ever make about politics on this blog, is that yes, George W. has messed up. A lot. So have other Presidents. I personally found Clinton's FUBAR version of a moral compass a little disappointing, but hey, he's not the first or the last man to cheat on his wife and/or lie about it. However, I could not do a better job as President of the United States than anyone who has ever held, or will ever hold, that office. To close: I am counting down the days until the Presidential election is over.

No comments: