Monday, August 25, 2008

Beating a dead horse

I thought I would take some time this Monday morning to belabor a point that I have made countless times over the past 4 months: I LOVE living in San Francisco. Things happen here that would never happen back at home, and that makes being here so interesting to me.

A quick rundown of the weekend: Friday night was dinner at the German place Suppenkuche with Joseph, Margaret, and Peter, then drinks at Sugar. Saturday we got breakfast and then Wyeth and I went to this AWESOME shopping event. They had 50 or so local boutiques all under one roof and they all brought their clearance merchandise. I got $800 worth of clothes for $200, including a $9 Splendid top and a $30 pair of wide-leg James jeans. After that, we took Paisley to a local dog park and she has a new boyfriend. He's a pug named Oliver and they French kissed. It was maybe the cutest thing ever! Saturday nigth Wyeth and I went over to our new friend Nicole's house and had an awesome time. There were 6 of us there and we sat around eating some incredible food she made (tofu & avocado spring rolls, curried chicken salad, bean and avocado salsa, and tons of chocolately dessert finger foods). I met Joseph and his man-crew at McTeague's for a few minutes afterwards then headed home.

Yesterday was so fun too...I woke up early and went to my 9:30 Bar Method class (still painful, but less so every time. A great sign!) then got a grilled cheese at the diner around the corner from me. After a 3 hour (yikes) nap, we took Paisley to Fort Mason, then I went over to Joseph's for this incredible pizza from Tommaso's and we watched Traffic.

I can say that every weekend here, even the boring parts, has something cool to offer. Whether it's a new person, a new bar to grab drinks, a new hole in the wall restaurant, or a new place to shop, you never know where you will end up. And that's priceless to me!

2 comments:

Bendabl said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!

Meredith said...

well i woke up at 3:45 am sunday morning to the sound of the tornado siren, the train AND watched water drip off the crown molding of my brand new home....beat that mrs "san francisco is so awesome"!