Now, onto things that piss me off. I recently wrote a post centered on things that make me happy. I am definitely more happy than I am angry, but there are things that just really make my blood pressure rise. Here are some of them:
- Tourists who stop in the middle of the sidewalk. It's not your personal sidewalk. There are people, usually pretty tightly packed on weekends, who are also using the sidewalk. If you're not sure if you want to go into Big Joe's SF Souvenirs or not (because would your BFF like a personalized bike license plate, or would she rather have an "I escaped from Alcatraz" t-shirt?), pull over to decide. Don't come to a dead halt in front of me or I will give you the stink-eye and say "excuse me" and it won't be politely or quietly. I get that you're on vacation. Taking it easy. Moseying. But there are about 1 million people whose HOME you are visiting. Please be courteous.
- The fact that airlines are not only charging for checking bags and snacks, but JetBlue has now decided to make you buy pillows and blankets for $7 because it's "eco-conscious, customer-conscious, and health-conscious." I agree it's health-conscious. But customer-conscious? How is that? Also...eco-conscious? These pillows aren't going to be re-used because people don't have room to pack them, now that they're having to cram their belongings into carry-on bags to avoid checking charges, and the kits come with a $5 coupon to Bed Bath and Beyond. Super! People can spend more money on crap they don't need that will end up in a landfill. Now, you all know I'm no tree-hugger. But please don't try to @$$-rape me by charging $7 for a flimsy pillow and blanket and then claim it's for the good of myself and my environment. I'm not stupid. Just say "Wow-eeee! Fuel is expensive and our profits are going down in flames. We're going to start charging for everything, even our shitty in-flight magazines and use of seat belts, seat cushions, and oxygen masks soon, so we don't have to declare bankruptcy like Delta did. That would be embarrassing after we pointed and laughed at them for having to do so!" I could understand that and appreciate honesty.
- People who dart in front of me at the last minute in the bus line so they can get a good seat. Again, simple courtesy is all I'm asking for.
- Cars, motorcycles, or other things on wheels that don't respect crosswalks. Next time a Vespa or bike comes zooming through after my signal has changed to "Walk" I am going to stand there and get hit rather than move out of their way. I'm willing to take one (and by "one" I mean a broken rib or collarbone) for the team simply in order to create an insurance claim/driving record nightmare for just one of these jackasses. Perhaps they'll spread the word to their jackass friends.
- Cashiers who are overly-aggressive about opening up a credit card account at X store. No means no, Christine. I don't care that I could receive 20% off of my $18.73 purchase.
- People who reach over and write on my crossword puzzle, particularly unsolicited. If I want help, I'll grudgingly ask you for it. And then, I would really like to do all of the writing so that the handwriting is uniform and I know the numbers won't be written over. Sound anal? I agree. Don't like it? Cough up the $1.50 and buy your own newspaper.
That's all I have the energy to complain about right now, but I really feel much better! This weekend was quite pleasant, but reminded me of several things that annoy me. Hope everyone has a fantastic week! :)
1 comment:
Love the picture addition! :)
Post a Comment