Joseph and I head to Utah for a long weekend tonight. I'm trying to force myself to pay attention for another few hours at work, but the prospect of waking up next to him for four days in a row with no plans, agenda or errands is really exciting. We're not bringing anything except clothes to bum around in, movies, Connect Four, cards and books. The plan is to cook almost all of the meals, so I'll get to check out his cooking skillz too...should be interesting! Although I'm sure he'll be passing judgment on mine as well which is a little scary. I can cook fine but nothing gourmet and my repetoire of dishes is, shall we say, limited. We're hoping while we're there to do a little fishing, swimming, hiking and maybe biking. I'm not the best on a bike, though, and if I'm going to have to wear a helmet he can forget that shit. These ears would stick out like rearview mirrors and I'm not having that.
Last night I met my friend Krissy, her husband Ryan, and his friends Joe and Mark at The Royal Oak for Happy "Hour" which went into triple overtime. Krissy and Ryan are some of the funniest people I've ever met and when they're together it's even better. I'm really happy that she lives here. It's extremely comforting to know someone who is a true friend now and who has also known you for 13+ years (wow!). I teetered home afterwards, ordered a cheese pizza, and then Wyeth and I sat in her bed playing on our respective MacBooks. Dorky.
OH, I almost forgot. Yesterday I was leaving work and walking to Market Street to catch a cab. And there were two (seemingly socially inept) guys who were at first walking beside me and then ended up behind me, maybe early twenties. For five blocks they followed me and talked about me. First, they decided quite loudly that I was not as hot as Katie Holmes (no shit!) but that I could maybe pass for her sister (obviously her less attractive sister...thanks, guys). They did decide, however, that I was "hotter" than some bartender at their favorite dive (again...thanks, guys). I almost ALWAYS have my headphones in and music playing on the iPod but didn't yesterday because I didn't know when I'd find an empty cab. I'm starting to wonder what kind of crap people talk about me though and maybe won't be listening to music quite as much...
No comments:
Post a Comment