Monday, September 29, 2008

Countdown to Atlanta

I won't rehash my weekend for the most part, because I already wrote on Friday what I was planning, and pretty much stuck to that. It was full, but still really relaxing. Sunday is the only day with any updates. It was so much fun! I woke up and took Paisley for a run and then Wyeth was home when I got back. We walked the dog up Polk Street and dropped her off at Wags so she could get groomed. We grabbed lunch at Miller's East Coast West while we waited...fried chicken, a cold Coke and french fries. Exactly what I needed!

After that, we shopped along Polk and re-visited a particularly cute shop called Polka Dot. It has the most unique inventory. I got a sparkly silver pencil, some tiny envelopes to leave lurve notes for Joseph (I try to do this weekly. Don't laugh or I'll pull your hair.), a tiny clip (for papers, not hair) that looks like a chipmunk, and various tiny little animals on spikes that you stick in the tops of cupcakes. OH, and an old page from a Rand McNally map book that's a detailed map of Alabama. I'm going to frame it for my room. After that Paisley was trimmed, cleaned, dried and ready to get the hell out of Wags. We dropped her off at home and then headed over to a HUGE book sale put on by Friends of the Library. All of the books were $1 or less, so I stocked up on cool-looking ones for my bookshelf/ladder.

All in all, it was a lovely weekend without much excitement, but lots of good times with new friends. This weekend I'll be making the cross-country trek to Atlanta via AirTran Airways (and sponsored by Xanax) for Kelsey and Taylor's wedding. This day has been a long time coming and I am thrilled to be there for so many reasons. These two have made it through college, the college-to-job transition, a quasi long distance stint, and obviously the minor hurdles every relationship faces. Through everything they have stayed dedicated to each other and committed to making each other first priority. Congratulations, you guys!!! Can't wait for Saturday!

No comments: