So, the chicken turned out pretty well. It required toothpicks to keep the blue cheese and spinach inside (because Joseph botched his only job...butterflying the chicken). I wrapped bacon around it, and towards the end, we decided to move the chicken to the top rack and put it on broil to crisp up the bacon. Most of you know that I do not have a good track record with the broiling function (1 pan of bread almost in flames, 1 pan of "pig candy" almsot in flames...pan thrown in the backyard before combustion, 1 pan of noodles...definitely in flames, fire department called) so I was a little nervous at the suggestion. Sure enough, we were watching A Time to Kill while the food cooked because Joseph didn't know who Ashley Judd was (really? Ashley Judd? You're straight, right?) and smoke started to fill the kitchen. Fortunately, it was just the toothpicks that were making the smoke and we were able to fan the smoke detector and open some windows and no harm was done. The bright side is that the bacon was nice and crispy!
I didn't get to make the Dutch Babies this morning because he didn't have any eggs. Another time I suppose. I was okay with that because I was extremely tired this morning after the kitchen commotion and watching the Donkey Kong movie (which was FANtastic). We stayed up pretty late talking about Tahoe last night, and I'm really excited. AND my new friend Nicole is going to come! She'll have to drive up separately Friday after work, but still, it will be so fun to have her there!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment