It's amazing how quickly and clearly I can hear God respond sometimes. After a less than perfect work day, I went for a quick run last night (only about 3 miles) but it felt incredible!! I haven't run since I moved here and it is a different world...while most of the city is covered in ridiculous hills, my part of town is rather flat and the weather was perfect. I think I could possibly even work my way into enjoying running here.
Anyway, the whole time I was praying for a better attitude and thanking God for the fact that I do have a great job in a terrible economy and for Him to help me move past everything that was weighing on me yesterday. It's hard to do that when you feel like you were wronged.
I felt SO much better when I got home. Even though I haven't run in forever, I felt like I could have gone a lot further and was just completely relaxed and refreshed. I took a quick shower, reheated some food Ethan made, and snuggled into the couch with a blanket and Paisley to read a book Joseph loaned me. I got to bed around 9:45 and woke up this morning knowing it was a completely different day and with a better perspective on what a "real problem" is, and thanked God that I don't have any of those. I decided to treat myself to the Country Breakfast at Flames (2 eggs, hash browns, toast, and turkey bacon. Yum!) and I'm ready to get going!!!
I hope you have a fabulous day, and if you're having a really awful one, remember that God can help you do a U-turn if you ask Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment