Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tahoe!

The weekend in Tahoe was even more fun than I had anticipated! We left Friday morning and got there in time to drink a few beers, make some pizzas and grill some chicken before it was time to get changed and head to Reno. And ladies and gentlemen, I left the casino A WINNER. That has not happened to me ever since I have been legal gambling age. I typically win money but lose it all again, plus what I started with, plus some more, and then some more after I go to the ATM a few more times. It's no big secret that under my list of strengths, you will not find the word "moderation" in regards to very much in my life. I'm working very hard on that, but it's pretty difficult, and to be honest not quite as fun as being bad :). Speaking of moderation, I think the key to walking out a winner was taking it easy on the "free" drinks. Joseph drove the 13 of us to Reno in our big ol' rapist van and was the DD for the night, and I felt like it would be respectful as his girlfriend to maintain some level of sobriety.

Saturday we packed everything up and spent the day at Donner Lake, playing football, laying out, eating sandwiches, and just enjoying temperatures hot enough to wear a bathing suit! That night I collapsed for a 2 hour power nap while Joseph grilled hot dogs, chicken, and steak. When I woke up, he had fixed a little plate for me and stuck it in the fridge. His cuteness and thoughtfulness never cease. We ended the night playing several rounds of dice and getting club-dancing lessons from our two resident "ethnic" girls (they call themselves that, I don't!), Alia who's Pakistani, and Vanessa who's Mexican. By the way, they're both unfairly beautiful and unfairly amazing dancers.

Sunday we had a lot of cleaning to do with the kind of mess that only 13 people can make, but with 13 to help clean, it went really quickly! We got back to the city around 3:00 on Sunday and I went over to J's. With so many people in one house, I didn't get much of a chance to be alone with him during the weekend. We ordered some dinner from Sushi Rapture, ate a lot, turned on a movie, then fell asleep on the couch.

Oh, side note, I went to the dermatologist yesterday...boy, are things different here. This guy was awesome, but his whole office is Hawaiian themed, including staffers in Hawaiian shirts, wave recordings in the background, and pastel colors. Interesting...but he put me on some stuff that will hopefully make my skin nice and beautiful. It's never been perfect, but has been a hell of a lot better than it is now! Ever since I moved here, it's been a busted mess (thanks Leslie) and has only gotten worse. He told me it's because I don't get nearly as much sun here. :( So sad, so true. I don't have much else going on this week except for Bar Method classes and hopefully relaxing this weekend, but you know if anything remotely intriguing happens, I'll tell you all about it!

2 comments:

JenH1125 said...

I miss you!!! SOunds so fun though!!

Did you teach them your 3 signature moves?

Emilie H said...

Ahh gambling. We need to do that more.